Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jump In

I learned a lesson this past week. It's a lesson I should have learned a long time ago, but so it goes. The kids and I spent several days at my parent's house, and much of our time was spent in their pool. I am typically a wuss, I get in the water one step at a time even though it is 100+ and the cool 82 degree water feels SO good. I finally realized that my hesitation was robbing quality time spent with my kids. So, I finally jumped in.
The more I thought about it, this is a metaphor for life. How often does God lead us somewhere, and we go in one step at a time testing out the water? I waste so much time! If I have given my desires and my life over to Him, shouldn't I trust that He will lead me? So, if God has taken me somewhere, or has somewhere for me to go, I am going to be looking out to make sure I just jump in!

No comments:

Post a Comment