Thursday, August 25, 2011

Power Mom

As I rolled out of bed before everyone else in my family today, I realized how powerful I am. I am Mom. My choices make or break things for this family. I could stay in and sleep as long as the rest of them, but the morning would then be hectic and unpleasant. Instead, I choose to rise early, get myself ready, pray for my family, and set us up for the day with a good breakfast and things in order, ready to go.
Power Mom...not a mom who seems to have it all together, or rushes around always busy. Not a mom who works out at the gym or who manages a career. These don't give us power. Our power lies in our choices. Do we pursue our selfish desires, or do we sacrifice for our family. And, is it really a sacrifice? It's a pleasure for me to serve my husband and family. In fact, it's why this blog is so sporadic. They always come first. Life goes so much smoother that way, and I love it. Really, I don't need "me time" if my mind is set in the right paradigm. The paradigm of being the helpmeet I was created to be.
So, off I go...a quick bath while I pray for my family. Then I will pack up what we need for our day and help them enjoy the time we have together this morning eating a healthy breakfast that will feed our bodies. We're not perfect, but wow, this morning I just realized how powerful my choices are. Am I going to be a Power Mom, or a Martyr, "poor-me" mom? I choose Power Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment