Monday, November 19, 2012

RESET Continues

Wow, so it's been a month since my last post.  So much for documenting my RESET, but such is life.  A lot has happened in the past weeks.  Shortly after the last post, I stumbled across the GAPS diet again, and they used the term RESET.  I decided to take a closer look since we seemed to be on the same page.  My library didn't have the book and I refuse to spend money on things like that when we have the internet at our disposal and, really, I am the only one in my family interested in this stuff.

Long story short, it seems to boil down to getting your gut in order.  LOTS of probiotics and bone broth.  I spent a week eating only boiled meat, crazy cake without the cocoa - which is yummy, baked apples, boiled veggies, and lots of chicken broth.  Then we went out of town and I ate pizza--felt totally gross that night and the next morning.  Got back on track and implemented even more probiotics the next weekend, and had another yuck day.  I am pretty good during the week, and not as good on the weekends.  This has prompted my Baby Steps page.  I seem to be best with no dairy and little wheat.  I am not concentrating on the blood type diet, but instead focusing on my body and how it reacts to foods.  For instance, I now think I can link stinky gas to tomatoes-which is, btw, on my blood type  no-no list. :)  And, I think I can finally admit that pizza and grilled cheese just aren't for me.  I wake up in the morning with major sinus drainage.  :(  But when there's nothing else in the house to eat...Baby Steps.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment