Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ingredients/Poison Control

Whew! It's amazing how life and a little sickness can disrupt your whole routine. I really thought we were going to miss it this year, but the coughing bug has caught up with us!

Someone asked me what the ingredients for the detergent were...here they are:

Laundry detergent: "biodegradable anionic and plant-derived nonionic surfactants, solubilizer, brightening agent, and preservative."

Fabric Softener: "biodegradable, plant-derived softening agent, biodegradable nonionic surfactant, and fragrance."

I called Poison Control today and found out that they can't recommend any specific products because they are a government agency. The representative did look up my new all-purpose cleaner and said it was pretty standard. Some chemicals, some natural. The company claims makes no claims to be all natural, but the product is safe if ingested. Also, it makes a good produce wash.

I checked out the label on a conventional all purpose cleaner I have hidden in a closet, and there were many warnings on it, along with instructions to rinse out the bottle before you throw it away. Also, if you get it on your skin, you need to wash the area for 20 minutes. If the chemicals are hazzardous in my garbage can, and at the dump, why would I use them in my house and around my children? I am glad to say that there are no such warnings on my new products!

3 comments:

  1. really interested in the soap and softner....can you find out if its safe for clothe diapers.... when will you release the name of the company?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's against their "rules" to publically release their name. I'll email you or call you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just talked with the company, and they assured me that the detergent is safe for baby clothes and diapers.
    I feel like I should add a bit about the company's "rules"...they obviously want their marketing executives (anyone who has one client - I do not at this point) to not promote other businesses. This blog is not soley dedicated to promoting their company, and I may run across things about them I do not like...so I am not publically disclosing their name. Hope that makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete