Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wow, March madness did take over there for a while with two weeks of spring break. However, U of A didn't make it to the basketball tournament, so our house is a little less "mad" than usual for this time of year. I have placed a total of 3 orders from my green company, and have adjusted my budget to account for the $80 a month I am spending. I took $40 from food and $40 from misc. and put it in this category. This $80 is covering all my laundry, cleaning, dishwasher, "bath soap" and lotion needs.
As far as my March Missions go, I didn't eat so healthy in Tucson...no big surprise there...but, I have revamped my budget. I revisited my book, Money Matters and discovered that we can actually use the percentages Crown Financial recommends for your budget. In the past, we made too little money, and our housing percentage was way above where it should be. Now to see if we can stick to this budget. I am switching to cash, and am going to make some fun cash envelopes to keep track instead of buying them. I have all the supplies already and it really shouldn't be that difficult. I also want to sew a new purse. We'll see....Time to wake up the kids for some eggs and veggies. No fruit for us in the morning! If we don't eat veggies right away, we'll never get our 5 servings in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment