Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Story

I thought I should give you a little background...almost exactly five years ago my health journey began. My family spent the weekend in Phoenix, and I participated in a junk food binge that my body deeply resented. I spent the next 3 weeks unable to be away from the toilet-if you know what I mean. My doctor prescribed yogurt, pepto, and Metamucil to be taken at the same time and I was finally regular again. I had no idea of what probiotics or fiber were, but God was about to introduce me to the world of healthy eating, and nothing has been the same sense.
I discovered Jordan Rubin, who wrote The Maker's Diet and The Great Physician's RX for Health and Wellness, on tv while up in the wee hours with Will. That brought about a battle between eating healthier/organic and staying within the budget. Now, 4.5 years later, we are much healthier and staying in our budget - mostly. :) I even make my own probiotics at home which we eat in smoothies. It is quite simple - really! We have not totally switched to all natural products, but it looks like now may be the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment