Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Meal Planning

Just a blurb about meal planning...it is a must if you want to be healthy! If I get home and don't know what I am going to eat, my family is doomed, and my budget is shot because we end up eating out too much! So, Thursday is my shopping day and I just planned out my menu. In case you were wondering: :)

TH-Stir Fry - using left over steak from Sunday's BBQ. My dear hubby cuts up the extra steak and it goes right into the freezer to be used later in the week. LOVE THAT!

FRI - Duane is home, and he actually likes to plan dinner. Fabulous.

SAT/SUN - free days for me. Sunday is always a big BBQ, and leftovers are used during the week. I just recently decided to grill extra chicken no matter what because nothing beats grilled chicken in things like quesidillas later in the week.

MON - Broccoli/Quinoa Chicken What is quinoa you ask? Check out www.danispies.com. Look for her Quinoa 101 video...it's short and sweet. Her site is fantastic.

TU- Fajitas - using that leftover grilled chicken. Also using tortillas that you cook on the stove. So delicious and no preservatives. But, they are made with white flour so use sparingly. :) Look for them by the cream cheese at Walmart. Also good with this...leftover veggies that were grilled in a foil packet on Sunday night. MMMM. Try a warm tortilla with some honey and maybe some cinnamon. Yum.

WED - Greek Pizza - This uses shredded chicken that was cooked in the crockpot. So easy to shred and freeze for future use. Throw some in Monday, on low and shred while dinner's in the oven. Someday I'll share my homemade sauce recipe. Think of this pizza as a greek salad...olives, feta, mozzarella, chicken...topped with a little greek dressing-also a great recipe to follow. Discover Rustic Crust at Bashas, it's wonderful.

Well, gotta run. Time for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment