Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Purpose Found

"...no man is complete wihout his wife. You were created to make him complete, not to seek personal fulfillment parallel to him." Created to be His Helpmeet

God has really been hammering this lesson home during the past year and a half. It was about that long ago that I dropped out of all my "ministry" and other commitments and started focusing on how I complete my husband. During that time I did struggle with, "but what is MY purpose?" Finally, I got it. If I am a wife, that is my purpose. My husband and family are my ministry. By being involved with them in all that they do, I am constantly in the "mission field". I don't need extra things to do with a church. I complete my husband, that is my purpose. I am his gift from God. God created Eve to complete Adam, and we are no different. Since I have embraced this and all it entails - mainly losing myself and my selfishness - I do see a difference. Duane and I are more involved with things together, and I love it. We are a team. Not pursuing two lives parallel to each other, but we are on the same team...and I complete him...beautiful.

So, any wives reading this, I encourage you to think about how you complete your man. You are God's great gift to him, does it show?

Genesis 2:18.... Proverbs 18:22

No comments:

Post a Comment