Monday, June 23, 2014

Pray Sooner

Wow, what a morning!  Hubby comes into our room this morning about six am.  My head is covered up with my pillow in an attempt to muffle the hammering and drilling sounds coming from the roofers fixing our roof.  "The rooster got out," he tells me.  "He's behind the club house.  Don't let Will go back there.  You'll probably have to use the chicken stick."  And off he goes to work.  I keep my head covered for a few more hours.  I am so thankful to have a hubby who wants me to have a job that let's me stay at home when the kids have vacation!
Rewind to six weeks ago...we picked up nine baby chicks and brought them home!  We've had chickens before, so this is not new to us.  We have been keeping them in the kid's clubhouse until last night when we moved seven of them into their chicken palace.  Two of the nine are still living in the clubhouse due to the fact that they are ROOSTERS!  Sad to say, one is already crowing and trying to dominate the ladies by pecking them.  Well, apparently, when my sweet hubby went out to check the roosters this morning, one had had enough and somehow escaped.  I wish I could have seen that happen.  :)
So, this morning my son and I are in the backyard chasing the rooster around while still in our bathrobes!  After approximately 30 minutes, my son gets too hot for his winter robe, and sheds it in favor of his boxers and cowboy boots.  My mother's heart loves this, and will treasure the memory. Finally, after about an hour we decide we have to let the dog outside.  Who knows if we will ever catch this rooster, and she is only one year old.  We can't keep her inside for much longer without messy consequences.  MISTAKE!  Puppy almost kills rooster!  Puppy is banished to the house until rooster is caught.  Suddenly it occurs to me, we haven't taken time to pray about this.  I walk around to the other side of the clubhouse and stopped my son.  We pray a short prayer for wisdom and speed.  Guess what?  That rooster was caught in the next 3 minutes.  More like 5 seconds my son, who is reading this as I write, says.  Lesson learned?  PRAY SOONER.  Don't wait so long to include God in what you are doing, or struggling with.

No comments:

Post a Comment