Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Gluten-Free Update

Gluten-Free update:  We gave up!  :)  I had to laugh the first week when Little Man came home from a friends house and asked, "Do those peanut butter crackers have gluten in them?"  Uh, yes, Little Man.  Crackers are wheat, and wheat has gluten!  I am smiling right at this moment...  What was I expecting?  He is so polite, he rarely says no because he doesn't want to make people feel bad.  And, what kid doesn't love peanut butter crackers?  Obviously, a more detailed lesson on what gluten is would have helped.  Oh yeah, there was also the time we went out for frozen yogurt and he added two chocolate covered pretzels to his delicious treat.  What was I supposed to do?  Make him throw them away?!  He had already had the crackers anyway! :)
Then there's Hubby...well it's hard to deny him a beer every now and then.  Especially after a long and stressful week at work.  That's the only gluten he had, though.
Dear Daughter hung in there the longest.  She rejoiced when we gave up!  We did go past the two weeks and the gluten was out of our systems when she proclaimed that she still felt the same!  She has been enjoying her frosted mini-wheat cereal and we all celebrated with whole-grain mac and cheese, which is a special treat in our house.  :)
I am feeling like I have brain fog.  I hate it when I my mind isn't working as it should!  I will re-assess after this week.  Could be hormones.  Intestinally, I am pretty good.  Yeah.
We did find some yummy healthy snacks, I was an awesome meal-planner and started making our homemade treats again.  So, all in all, I think it was worth it.
Dear Lord,  Thank You for using this to bring about good in our lives.  I pray that we will continue to follow Your lead in our lives.  In Jesus Name I pray--Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment