Friday, August 1, 2014

Double Challenge

**DISCLAIMER:  I am not an expert, just a Mom and Helpmeet.  Here is a great site that I go to for expert help: everythingessential.me.


My little man is home sick today.  Yesterday he was complaining of a sore throat, and was obviously congested.  Add to that an hour of football practice in the rain followed by an hour of football practice in the cold.  This morning he awakes miserable and tired.  This all leads to a challenging conversation with Hubby.  Challenging because we do not see eye to eye.  I could say annoying instead of challenging, but when I think of it, he is probably annoyed with me as well. 
Hubby's point of view is this (as I see it): Little Man is sick.  Little Man is in football.  Little Man needs to miss as few practices as possible so he can play in the game.  Get Little Man to Urgent Care for antibiotics.
My reaction tends to be: Are you kidding?! 
This of course gets me nowhere good.  So I choose to not say that out loud.  :) I agree about not missing practices.  I disagree about antibiotics.  It is my view that antibiotics are way over used, and we are headed down a dangerous road toward super-bugs and drug-resistant bacteria.  Our bodies are stronger than people think.  We just want immediate results, and hate to be sick.
So, I have a challenge before me.  A couple actually.  1.  Don't be a jerk to my Hubby just because he has a different point of view.  2. Be very diligent in my care of Little Man so he will get better quickly!
So, here is the plan:
1. Lots of liquids!
2. Two Epsom salt baths combined with essential oils.
3. Essential Oil application all day long.
4. REST.
Last year we started using essential oils, and discovered that they work.  Today I will be using a blend based on doterra's On Guard product.  You can buy doterra oils on Amazon, or you can sign up with their company and order every month.  I don't buy doterra oils because we just can't afford them.  I buy other oils from Amazon because they are less expensive, but are still 100% essential oils with no fillers.  I figure I need to honor God by staying within my budget.  I trust that He will take care of us with the resources He's given us.  I have bought the ingredients for this blend and just combined them to make my own.
Anyway, I am rubbing this blend (orange oil, clove oil, cinnamon oil, eucalyptus oil and rosemary oil) on Little Man's feet, wrists and behind his ears pretty much any time I think of it.  I want to get a good dose into his system.  I will also rub his back several times today using the doterra Aroma Touch technique.  This link will take you to a short video showing you how to do this.  There are many other videos explaining the hows and whys. 
This conversation with Hubby and the looming football practices and games are actually helping me to step up my game as we attack this cold so I guess I shouldn't be irritated by it.  Instead I welcome the challenge.  Hopefully I will be writing a victory post soon!


Dear Lord, I pray for wisdom an guidance as I attempt to nurse Little Man back to health.  I pray for grace and respect as I interact with my husband.  Please bring us to the same page in our thinking.  May we kick this sickness without the need for doctors and antibiotics.  In Jesus Name I pray-Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment