Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Money Monday: Yard Sale Find

(We ended up cashing in the spoons for $25.  Paid for this cabinet +$5!)

Money has certainly been on my mind lately.  I am a substitute teacher, and we are at the end of our summer, so I haven't been paid for eight weeks now.  I have been searching for ways to earn extra money, but no luck yet.  However, I do have a way to save money...shop yard sales!  Actually, this can actually be a way to earn money as well.  My husband is always on the look out for silver items. This weekend, he found several spoons which I will be taking to our local Cash for Gold and Silver store this afternoon.  I'll let you know how that turns out later.
Today I wanted to show you a fun yard sale find.  Until this weekend, we have been keeping our laptop on a little table next to the tv.  Since the laptop is old, it has to stay plugged in all the time so you have to use it where it is, or drag it to the nearest chair.  The battery pack and cord are always out in the open, just waiting for someone to trip over them.  But this weekend, husband found this little cabinet:

What does this have to do with my laptop you ask?
 Well, just watch this:



A nifty compartment to hold the lap top, and a flip-up desk.






I tried to put another picture with the laptop all set up, but it isn't working for some reason.
I digress...The point is, you can find some really cool stuff at yard sales for a fraction of the price.
Yard sale tip: If you wait until later in the day, you could get a really great deal.  Of course, someone could buy what you want as well.  In this case, husband went back to the yard sale and offered $20 for this cabinet.  They were originally asking $50, but accepted his offer.  Did I mention the bottom drawer is a file drawer?  Now I can move my files out of the laundry room!  Woo-hoo!

Dear Lord, Thank you for always meeting all of our needs and then some.  Thank you for a husband who loves to yard sale shop. Thank You for this fun little nook to type this blog. 
 In Jesus name I pray--Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment