Sunday, February 20, 2011

Soaked Wheat Crackers II

Aaahhh. It's a lazy, snowy day. Can you believe I actually read for a couple of HOURS and finished a book today? Not sure I should be proud of that, but it's been a nice day, and we have tomorrow off as well.
I'm about to throw some rolls into the oven thanks to a new recipe from a friend. You make enough dough to last five days, and approximately 5 loaves of bread. It is easy and different. More on that later when I am done experimenting with the dough.
Today I wanted to let you know what I am doing with our soaked wheat crackers. I end up making them about every two weeks. With the recipe, you end up rolling out the dough in four batches. I can't always make all four in one day, so I have thrown the dough into the refridgerator for a few days with no problem. It's so much easier to pull it out and roll one batch at a time.
I have started making three different types of crackers each time I make the recipe. With the first/second quarter I sprinkle cinnamon sugar(rapadura-unprocessed sugar) over the top and then cut. The kids love these. The third quarter gets sesame seeds and a bit of salt on top. Finally, the third batch gets a bit of salt and garlic powder for Hubbs. The kids love to eat the cinnamon sugar crackers immeadiately. The sesame crackers get eaten with cheese usually, and Hubbs takes his crackers for snacks at work and while hunting.
The rolls and homemade chicken noodle soup are calling...looks like a nice family night.

No comments:

Post a Comment