Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday, Sunday / Week 2 Template

Aahh. Sunday night. Lunches are made, mostly for the entire week. Snack baggies filled with baby carrots rest in the fridge. Healthy cheese puffs are snuggled in the cabinet. A contented sigh escapes my lips as I know this will make lunch making so much easier. What's even better? My daughter took care of all of it. We actually spent time together in the kitchen. Her taking care of lunches, and me getting ready for dinner.
Want to know how else I am spoiled? My hubby loves to BBQ on Sunday nights. This weekend he BBQ'd on Saturday night as well. So, he cut up all the extra steak and we are ready for a TUES night stir fry. Nice. I have four weeks of meal plans so all I had to do was find the one that had steak stir fry and I was set. I know exactly what we're having for dinner this week. It's beautiful. After 16 years, I am finally learning how to be an effective helpmeet. :)

Here's the Template for Week 2

Week 2

Sunday: BBQ steak
Defrost chicken
Soak / sprout beans
Night: Cut up leftover steak for Tuesday

Monday: Oven Baked Sesame Chicken (allrecipes.com)
Broccoli; make homemade tortilla chips for week
Morning: Garbanzo beans into crockpot or defrost beans that were cooked previously

Night: cut leftover chicken for WED
put quinoa and rice in bowls for soaking in AM

Tuesday: Sizzling Beef with Black Bean Sauce P. 69 Jaime Oliver
Soaked rice; soaked quinoa; garlic green beans
MORNING: soak quinoa; soak rice
Night:

Wednesday: Chicken Quesdillas with leftover chicken
vitamix guac p. 104, vm cal. Salsa p. 106
homemade chips
broccoli or peppers

Thursday: Penne pasta with cheese and ground turkey/buffalo
Bread; green beans; salad
NIGHT: wheat berries into jars OR soak nuts


Friday:
AM: water into jars OR sprout nuts

SAT: AM dehydrate!
soak beans: pinto, black, garbanzo

No comments:

Post a Comment