Monday, February 28, 2011

A Tale of Two Beans

Unlike the book referenced in the title, this post is a bit comedic. A few weekends ago my hubby and I cooked up some pinto beans using beans I had sprouted. I have heard that sprouted beans cause less gas, and I had been waiting to test this rumor. The beans were great, and shared with guests. No one knew they were sprouted, which I consider a victory. People eating healthy food, and they don't even know it. Stealth, I love it. Back to the experiment. Throughout the night, as I lay sleeping, gas was definitely present. However, it was odorless. Hmmm. This was unusual. :)
Fast forward to this weekend. I found a recipe for Bean with Bacon soup. Yummm. I couldn't wait to try it, as Campbell's Bean with Bacon was my favorite as a kid, and the reviews at www.allrecipes.com promised a Campbell's result. I was not let down. It was delicious, and again shared with friends. However, the beans used in this recipe were not sprouted, just soaked then cooked. Again, as I lay sleeping, there was the presence of gas. This time, however, it was not of the odorless variety! Let me tell you, that alone is enough to get me to only use sprouted beans from here on out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment