Thursday, March 3, 2011

Free Exercise

I used to call these posts "Exercise Room of the Week." But, like I mentioned in an earlier post, I am not keeping up on it, so I decided to just call it free exercise. It's free in a two ways: 1. it doesn't cost any money and 2. it doesn't cost any extra time. You work it into whatever you are doing. I like that. I spend enough time away from my children without adding a trip to the gym into the mix.
So, this is something I've been thinking about implementing FOREVER. It's so simple, it's ridiculous. You may already do this. Here it is: when you need to pick something up off of the floor, kneel down/lunge when you do it. No more bending at the waist. Get a full on lunge going. Keep that waist straight, and try to keep your knee lined up with your ankle. I noticed that I lead with my left leg more often, but both of my thighs are hurting. I don't need to go to the gym to feel the burn. I just need to cowgirl up and stop being lazy.:) Tonight, I was standing on the stairs waiting for my kids, and I busted out 10 pushups. Nothing big, but better than nothing! I still can't seem to consistently remember to do them in the bathroom, but my calves are still good shape. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment