Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Early Dinnertime!

Sigh, today is the first day of school, and I am missing my kids!  Many great things have happened this summer.  Our family has settled into a nice routine.  One major thing that will be different this year is dinner.  Usually, the kids and I get home from school and we are HUNGRY!  We kick back and eat, eat, eat.  Then it's time to make dinner.  Do you see the problem here?  I end up rushing around trying to get a million things done and cook dinner at the same time.  My daughter and I usually end up in some sort of passionate argument because I am stressed to the max knowing that when hubby gets home he will be as hungry as we were, and VERY grumpy if he can't eat right away.
Gone are these days!  It is official: dinner time is 4 pm.  We tested this out two days ago, and it was amazing!  The kids and I ate a healthy dinner, and things were cleaned up and stress free when Dad got home.  We don't eat dinner with Dad, but we do relax with him, and have time to play afterward.  I spent the evening marveling at how peaceful and joyful life could be.  I think this is the way to go for us.  How about your family?  Spend some time watching and praying about what would be best in your household.
Dear Father, thank You for this revelation.  I think You have been prompting me for quite some time, and I am thankful that You didn't give up!  In Jesus Name I pray-- Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment