Sunday, July 13, 2014

Gluten Free Day 0

We have been going through quite a lot the past few weeks...literally.  We have gone through our house de-cluttering, and today I went through my recipe binder preparing for the upcoming four weeks.  This next month, we will be going through an experiment...gluten-free eating.  The purpose of this is to stop wondering if it would help our health.  Hubby and I have digestive issues, Daughter has skin issues, and Son gets to go along for the ride - much to his dismay.  :)  He has skin issues as well, but gluten was ruled out as the culprit when he was little.  His skin is just sensitive to external irritants like chlorine.


My sister-in-law has recently gone the way of a gluten-free diet.  She had digestive issues and skin issues that have cleared up to the point that she claims she will not eat gluten again.  She feels too good to go back.  Honestly, I don't know if I want this to be the case for us or not.  I like bread, but I also would love to feel good on a regular basis.  It would be great to figure out this mystery on the first try.


According to my sister-in-law, gluten stays in your system for two weeks.  Therefore, the one month trial.  If gluten is a problem, we should be feeling better by Week 3.  There have been blessings already...I am planning ahead and have finally gone through my recipes.  This has been on my to do list for weeks.  Maybe months.  I haven't planned a weeks worth of meals in months.  How embarrassing!  If I don't plan, life is just a crap shoot.  Planning keeps me on my toes, even if I don't completely follow the plan.  Hopefully, I will post plans and recipes on this site.  No promises, you never know what life will bring. 


Dear Lord-
I give this month to You.  Please make us strong and I ask that we not mess up.  We don't want to add any unnecessary extra time to discovering if gluten is the culprit in our health issues.  I pray for clarity and wisdom.  In Jesus Name--Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment