Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Life Changer: What's Truly Important in Life?

I just had a phone conversation with a neighbor that brought life back into perspective. She had lunch last week with a friend, that I know as well, and informed me today that her friend is now at the end of her fight with cancer.  This woman has been fighting for years.  So many treatments, and now she is finished.  The cancer is throughout her body, and she is done.  And yet she still goes on.  She is fighting to see her youngest son graduate high school and her first grandchild be born.  But, reality is, she might not make it that long.
My neighbor and I talked about how we hear news like this, and we feel terrible for spending so much time dwelling on all the little things in life.  Things like, wrinkles, belly fat, and clutter.  We vow to enjoy life and not worry about the superficial, but then we slide right back into stinking thinking.  What will it take to truly change our outlook on life?  How do we balance enjoying the here and now with life's demands?
Dear Lord,
I seek the answers to these questions.  I want to enjoy and treasure life now.  Please save me from having to experience a traumatic, life-altering experience in order for me to truly understand what is important in life.  Please show me what is important to You.  Bless me with your perspective.  May I not waste time on superficial, worldly goals and thoughts.  May I follow you, and live life to the fullest.  In Jesus all powerful name I pray--Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment