Friday, July 25, 2014

Seasoning with Efficiency - Taco Seasoning





Taco seasoning is used in my kitchen quite a bit.  Therefore, I make it in bulk and store it in my cabinet for easy use.  Making it reminds me of the fun I had using colored sand or salt as a kid to make art in little baby food jars.  I don't think I am explaining that correctly... I remember layering the colored sand into little jars and making pictures with it.  Layering all the seasonings in the pint jar is fun and it looks pretty.  :)


Recipe:
1/2 c chili powder
1/3 c + a little bit more paprika
1/4 c + 2 TBSP cumin
1/4 c onion powder
1/4 c salt
3 TBSP + 1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper


Layer in a pint sized jar and admire the beauty.  The shake it up until mixed.


**I do not actually measure out the extra TBSP and tsp.  I just eyeball it and it turns out just fine.  When I increased the recipe on allrecipes.com, this is what it came out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment