Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 and Plans for a New Year

I had an amazing experience this year. I was finally submitting to my husband...in the middle of a HUGE project in 2009, I realized that I could not be in charge of huge events on a volunteer basis, and keep my family going. So, as soon as the event was over, I bowed out of everything. Some people think I have dropped off the edge of the earth, but no. I am doing quite well focusing on my family instead of everything else. Even though my extra projects were in the name of ministry, it's not what God wanted me to be doing. My ministry is to my family.
Anyway, 2010, finally submitting to my husband and letting God run my life. This fall, He provided me with an opportunity to teach music at my kid's school. Not only that - I love music and kids - but only to K-3rd grade. I couldn't ask for a better job. From the beginning, I was encouraged to plan a good Christmas show. I started praying in August...from the start of listening to Christmas music to the very last day, this show was prayed for. For guidance, and for God's will to be done. And, it was. It was fabulous. Not only the show, in which God was glorified - I think - in the public school(Hanukkah and Kwanzaa were in the show too, so I was free to sing of my Saviour's birth.) but, also in the way it came about.
God has given me a gift to dream big. In the past, this has gotten me into trouble because the rest of my life wasn't lined up right. But now, doing what I know was His will - submitting to my husband - I had an opportunity to use His gift the way He intended it to be used, and it was amazing. Things came together in ways I couldn't have foreseen. I planned this big show, but had no idea of how it would really come together. There were some things that were changed mid-way, but really there was no plan B. I realized about half-way through that if I just followed God's lead, He would provide the time and resources necessary. But, even then, I was not confident. Dress rehearsal day was a mess, and I was making excuses for my big ideas. I should have just had confidence that I had truly given this to God, and all was as it should be! Performance day was amazing. I almost cried the entire way through the first performance (we had 3) as I witnessed everything going down according to plan. God is amazing.
So, on to 2011. I am making plans. I love to. I am submitting to my husband. I want to take what I have learned from the Christmas show, and apply it it life now. I just had an entire hour to reflect on last year and submit my plans to God. Now, my little boy is coming down the stairs for some snuggle time. While I didn't finish writing all I intended, I will trust that this is God's timing, and He will give me time to finish whatever He wants finished. My healthy eating plans are only half done. I have been submitting to my husband this week, as he has taken time off work, and have not had time to finish my big menu plans. But today is football day, so maybe God will have me finish them today. However, if not, I will just trust in Him. His plans are what I want most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment