Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 1 Template

I have to have a plan or we will not eat dinner. I will not have what I need when I need it. My house will be wreck. Hubby will come home from work cranky with low blood sugar, and the night will be ruined. The downfalls go on and on. Anyone else like that? The good news for me is that I love to come up with plans. I love to try them out and then rework them. This is fun for me. So, I have come up with a Winter template. I am planning on using this until Spring Break when I will come up with one for Spring.

The keys to my template:
1. Always make double portions so you can stick some in the freezer for next time!
2. Use leftovers throughout the week. I am best at the beginning and exhausted at the end of the week, so I don't want to be doing a lot of work!

Week 1

SUNDAY: BBQ steak
defrost chicken
soak/sprout beans

MONDAY: BREADCRUMB CHICKEN
Morning: pinto beans into crockpot
defrost turkey/buffalo for Tuesday AND Thursday
Night: soak quinoa; soak rice (Make extra for Thursday)
cook up corn chips for Thursday and for the week

TUESDAY: GROUND BEEF ASIAN STIR FRY
Night: soak/sprout garbanzo beans
save extra extra meat, rice and quinoa for Thursday

WEDNESDAY: CHICKEN KORMA WITH QUINOA IN SAUCE AND LEFTOVER RICE FROM TUESDAY

THURSDAY: TACOS WITH LEFTOVER MEAT AND PINTO BEANS AS REFRIEDS

FRIDAY: OPEN/LEFTOVERS
Afternoon: sprout beans

No comments:

Post a Comment