Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sprouting Tradegy!

I felt so deflated! For two days I had 4 beautiful quart sized jars of hard winter wheat berries sprouting on my counter. It was Friday evening, and company was coming over for dinner. My wheat was sprouting so I transferred everything to my dehydrator and set it at 115 degrees for 7 hours. This was all happening in my laundry room which is right off of the front door. During the dehydrating process, the smell is, well, different. I didn't want to stress my hubby with a strange odor greeting our guests, so I turned off the dehydrator and came back in the morning. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!
The next morning, I couldn't wait to get it going. I figured I should rinse everything again, so I removed the lid of the dehydrator and my shoulders just sank into my chest. WHITE PATCHES OF MOLD EVERYWHERE. Boo-hoo. Why do I always have to learn lessons the hard and money costing way? Learn from my mistake! Dehydrate everything immeadiately, even if you have to do it in your garage or private bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment