Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday/ sprouting beans

Well, it's Friday. After a week of a little boy with a cold and hives, now a girl coming down with it, I am tired! But, I am still motivated to sprout some beans. It's really not that hard. I bought some quart sized canning jars and I will fill four of them halfway with black beans, fill with water and cover with cheese cloth. They will soak tonight, drain tomorrow and rinse, then sit slanted upside down in the jar Saturday and Sunday. Rinse morning and night, and by Monday they should sprouted and ready to cook in the crock pot. They say doing this reduces the gas and ups the nutritional value. We'll see. :) I will use some in a new brownie recipe. They claim you can't taste the beans. REALLY? I am highly skeptical. We'll soon find out.

Also, I have a new recipe for whole wheat rolls I can't wait to try. You make the dough and leave it in the fridge to use for fresh rolls all week long. I've tasted the rolls, and they were FABULOUS. I am doubtful that I can make them like the ones I tried. I have yet to master whole wheat bread making! More to follow on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment