Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sprouting Tradegy II

UGH. I began sprouting my little babies yesterday morning. Soaked them all day and let them sit last night. They were sprouted by this morning! Frantically, I rinsed them and threw them in the dehydrator and turned them on. I was not about to go through another ruined batch! They should have been done by the time school was over.
Sigh...I came home to a dehydrator that was not on. PANIC! What could have happened? Was it broken? Did my mother-in-law turn it off unknowingly? Of course not. This was purely my fault. In my hurried frenzy, I failed to notice that it was only set for one hour. That's the default setting. I didn't set the timer, so I assumed it would just stay on. No luck. I had the dehydrator turned sideways, so I failed to notice. UGH. Mold city by this afternoon. I hate learning lessons this way. From now on, soak Friday morning, sit Friday night, Saturday morning, nice and relaxed-like dehydrating. Or maybe Tuesday to Wednesday. Anyway, how many lessons do I have to learn? I much prefer things to go like clockwork.
At least one part of my day is clockwork...shopping on Thursday afternoon while the kids are at church. Gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment