Saturday, January 15, 2011

Exercise Room of the Week: Living/TV Room

So, I have this desire to get in shape without joining a gym, and by just having fun with my kids. I feel like I should be able to exercise throughout my day. This is why I started the exercise room of the week. So far, we've done only the laundry room and the bathroom. I guess it's more like the exercise of the month or quarter. :)

Anyway, I was reminded this weekend of how easy it is to exercise with the Wii. I don't mean Wii fit, just the regular old Wii. I am sad to say that after one game of boxing and one game of bowling with my little guy, my entire backside is hurting. Yep, from the back of my thighs up to my buttocks, the back of my arms and my shoulders. One game of each...really? Holy cow, I may be thin, but I am NOT in shape. I should say, when I box, I box. Watch out! Don't get in front of me for goodness sakes! And, when I bowl, I alternate legs and go into a full lunge, making sure my knees don't go past my ankles of course.

So, if you have a Wii, play it with your kids! But, you have to really play it. No just moving your wrists around. Really, there is no excuse. I hate that I don't do this on a regular basis. There have been some days when I just can't get them to play with me, so I must improve my approach. But now that I am already hurting, I have no intention of letting it be in vain. Here's to fun with the kids and the Wii while building some muscle! I love a multi-task like this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment